January 4, 2010

When it Rains, It Pours!

Remember sick "trooper" youngest child from a few days ago?  Well she ended up with an ear infection.  That was good news so we could get her on antibiotics.  Bad news, we were headed to the Wisconsin Dells on New Year's Day to an indoor waterpark with lots of family.  Dr says no swimming.  Husband says she is swimming.  So off I went on New Year's Eve to find ear plugs in the dead of winter!  Luckily I found them at the sporting goods store.

So we had a great time on vacation with family, even though the temperature for the weekend in Wisconsin was only 3 degrees!!  Youngest daughter did fine with the ear plugs.

More bad news...finally arrived home on Sunday to a house that was only 37 degrees!!  Not what our family needed after a 5 hour drive home!!  Girls all huddled on the floor in front of a space heater with electric blankets while husband went to the basement to investigate.  Teenager decides to not hang around for this drama and heads out to hang with friends.  Husband finds no gas to either the furnace or the water heater.  Call in the gas company.  They see no problems, but between husband and repairman jiggling a few things, both seemed to take off running.

Too cold for the dogs to be outside for long periods of time, so they have to come into the kitchen for awhile to warm up.  Did I mention husband is allergic to the dogs?  That's why they are outside dogs.  Creates a little conflict just amongst ourselves! (I'm a softy)(He sneezes a lot)

By 10 pm our house had warmed up to a balmy 43 degrees!  Did I mention I love heating blankets?  Husband was sure it would catch up by morning.  Awoke this morning, temperature read 57 degrees....seriously?  Still no hot water to the kitchen.  All others seem to be ok.  Back to running the ceramic heaters.  Furnace repairman is on his way.  Went to fix lunch for the girls, microwave goes crazy.  I promise I am not making this up!

My head is swimming, I send two little girls to a friends to play in a warmer home.  Maybe with a little quiet (while the repairman is banging on my furance) I can get my head on straight for this New Year!

Kids go back to school tomorrow!!  Husband is back at school today for institute.  Tomorrow starts normalcy again!

Calgon take me away!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I would not have been able to sleep through the night at your house. I am not a cold-weather person! Glad it's slowly creeping up there. Let me know if you need to borrow my snowsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is terrible! Makes me wonder what we would do as we do not have electric blankets here...hmmm...might need to spend some Christmas money!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...