April 27, 2010

The Map-Book Review

I recently finished reading The Map, The Way of All Great Men by David Murrow.  The first ten chapters are a fictional story that kept me turning pages at a rapid pace.  There was intrigue, mystery, interesting characters and unanswered questions.  I couldn't wait to see what was around the corner.  A writer is thrown into a chase around the globe for a map that must not fall into the wrong hands.

And just when I was completely entranced within the story, I turn the page to chapter 11 and the author reveals the fiction.  Yes, I knew it was fiction, but I wanted the story to continue.  Instead, David Murrow begins his unveiling of what he believes is the map of every Christian man as he journeys through his walk of faith.  He compares his findings to the life of Christ.

It is interesting reading, but once I turned this corner into the non-fiction side of the book, I was far less mesmerized.  Now to be fair, this may be because the book is written to the audience of men.  It may resonate very well with that audience.  My husband promised to read it as well and give his opinion.  I can probably guess what that will be, but I will let that remain a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...