July 16, 2010

Lost Your Keys? Jesus Can Help!!

These keys hung on the wall of our living room while I was growing up.  They were a decorative piece that I had a hard time not taking down to admire and play.  I always loved them, and knew they were one of my moms prized possessions(or so I thought).  Imagine my surprise when we moved Mom into a new house, my husband came home with these keys in a box!  I thought for sure he had stolen them from Mom!  She wouldn't give them up of her own accord!  Husband was quite tickled by my response when I discovered this treasure had landed in my home!

In Matthew 16:19 Jesus said, "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven."  He was talking to Peter as he declared that His church would be built through him.  But the same could be said of us.  If you have accepted Jesus as your Savior, you also have received the keys to the kingdom.  Jesus tells his disciples in Matthew 13:11, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you."

So what do you do with your key to the kingdom, the knowledge you have received by faith?  Do you hang it on the wall, place it on a shelf, forget where you put it?


Our faith is meant to be shared, to shine among men, to be the salt of the earth.  Don't let your faith hang on the wall of your home being shared with no one, gathering dust.


Live it, Love it, Share it

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...