August 30, 2010

Hello Mornings


Ah, the backslide. 
It hurts.
It is disappointing.
It is maddening.

I was so excited for school to start, with the hopes of finally getting a schedule to stick.  I was anxious to continue getting up and enjoying my quiet times, as I had during the summer.  I was so ready to get a daily schedule put together for cleaning, computer time, menu plans, and the like.

FAIL!

I did get up earlier than the girls, but it just wasn't early enough.  About all I accomplished was getting the dog out and reading a quick devotion.  I had thought that after the kids got out the door for school that I could then finish up with my prayer time.  But instead, I found my mind had already raced ahead of me with all the things I needed to accomplish in the day, and the prayer time suffered.

So it is back to the drawing board this week.  I need to reassess what time to get up in order to have a sufficient quiet time.  You know, my friends, that I am not a morning person, so this continues to be a struggle.  I was so proud of myself for getting up at 7:00!  I can hardly bring myself to type the numbers and the statement that it might need to change to 6:30.  Oh the pain!

You may need to pray for me!




5 comments:

  1. Oh sweet friend ... I'm adding you to my early morning prayer list. It is hard to adjust to that new "get up" time. Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely not a morning person. In fact, I'm only reading this at 6:10 AM (Mt time), because my 17 mos old decided that 5 AM was a great time to wake up and play. It sounds that your struggle is similar to mine. I'll be praying for you, if you can do the same for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adjusted my 7 am wake up to 645(baby steps). Even that was painful this morning!! I really need to get up at 630 to get my devotions in and get myself ready. One step at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl I tell ya, my kids go to private school we have to leave my house by 7:30 to get them there by bell time.

    I tried getting up at 6:30 but that barely gave me time to shower and get a devotional read. I tried 5:45 which gave me more time but WOW - I needed a nap by noon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you, Cherie, especially about uttering the dreaded 6:45. We can do this! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...