August 25, 2010

Praise Him in the Morning, Praise Him in the Evening

There seem to be many traditions and examples of praising God in the morning and in the evening.  Several songs even come to mind:

"Praise Him in the morning, Praise Him in the evening, Praise him when I'm young and when I'm old."

"From the rising of the sun, til the sun goes down, let the name of the Lord be praised!"

I was recently introduced to the book by Charles Spurgeon called Morning and Evening, and I absolutely love it!  Each day has a morning and evening devotion.  When I read first thing in the morning, it immediately awakens my mind to the depth of my relationship with Jesus.  In the evening, it sets my mind once again on my Father above, not on my earthly circumstances.  Charles Spurgeon has a way of blowing your mind wide open with only one sentence!

What does Spurgeon have to say about praise?

"It is not an option for us whether or not we will praise God.  Praise is God's most righteous due, and every Christian, as the recipient of His grace, is bound to praise God from day to day.  With every morning's dawn, lift up your notes of thanksgiving, and let every setting sun be followed with your song.  Belt the earth with your praises; surround it with an atmosphere of melody, and God Himself will hearken from heaven and accept your music."

Can I get an Amen??



iFellowship

10 comments:

  1. I will gladly give you a great big hearty Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen, amen, and AMEN!
    I LOVE that image...it's my dream landscape! What a blessing this was today!

    peace,
    lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big AMEN! Nice photo for the end of August. The scripture and devotional are perfect as we start the day. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading Spurgeons writings! Thank you for the wonderful scripture and for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN!!! Love that verse! Happy iFellowship Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're singing my song! I LOVE Spurgeon! He is my absolute fav! My Mornings & Evenings book is falling apart I've read it so many times!

    Thanks for sharing this with us all!

    I'm here from iFellowship. have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! I oftentimes wake with these words from the song Crown Him by Adam Fisher running through my head: "Awake my soul and sing of Him who died. Awake my soul and sing that He's alive! Awake my soul and sing of Him who died and rose for me!" I love it when that happens. Thanks for sharing your wonderful post. Happy iFellowship Day! :o) Larri at Seams Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom was just telling me about this book! He is so worthy of our praise.

    I've been running ragged lately and I haven't been praising Him as much as I should. Thank you for this beautiful reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Praising Him throughout the day gives us victory over the "stuff" of the day. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favorite devotionals!! Great word and such a beautiful picture to go with it.


    Have a blessed day♥

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...