September 28, 2010

A Bleary Eyed Day

I awoke Monday morning absolutely exhausted.  I had a hard time staying away for my morning prayer time, and it was scattered at best.  I had no motivation to get up and do anything.  I was in my pajamas until noon, and only then did I get in the shower because I had to be somewhere at 1:00 pm.  This was the way my day continued.  I was bleary-eyed, tired, and ready to go back to bed.

This morning I awoke and came downstairs to my prayer chair.  It was already 7:20...to many hits on the snooze alarm.  I only had a few moments before the girls came down for breakfast.  I'm sure my prayers were scattered once again.

As I drove into work this morning, I listened to some praise music to get my blood pumping.  My train of thought went something like this..... "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??!!!!!"

When I got home from work today, I took the dog for a walk, and started in on some seriously needed prayer.  I talked it over with God.....well, I talked....a lot....and I know he was listening, 'cause that's what He does.   He is forever faithful and He impressed upon my heart that I had slipped back into my old way of doing things and I was trying to do life on my own power, instead of life through His power.

I had dropped my armor.  Remember in Ephesians 6 when Paul is talking about the Armor of God, you don't want to miss two very important words, "put on".  That means, each morning in my prayer time, I need to be asking God to help me "suit up" for the day.  I had not been doing this.  I had not been praying specifically against those strongholds that were once again pulling me down.  I was starting to fight them on my own all over again.  My shield of faith and sword of truth don't do me much good when they are hanging at my sides, unused.  That leaves an open target for Satan's fiery arrows.

Before my walk with the dog was over, I had put my armor back in its correct place.

A special thanks to my Good Morning Gals who were steadfastly praying for me during this crazy time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...