September 16, 2010

Praying for the Persecuted in the Maldives


The Maldives are a chain of islands in the Indian Ocean, just off the southern tip of India.  Over 200 of the islands are inhabited, with their population being around 300,000.  The country is deeply Muslim.  No other religions are allowed.  Bibles are illegal for residents, but visitors are allowed to have them, however they cannot share them with the population.  Any current believers hide their beliefs and meetings deeply underground.

Despite the claim that foreigners may have bibles, anyone coming into the country to work is stripped of any non-Islamic items upon entry to the country.  Those items might be CDs, books, bibles or religious photos.

Would you pray for this country with me this week?

2 comments:

  1. Praying for the perscuted with you today. I bless you open heart for all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is easy for me to take my religious freedoms for granted here in the US. I needed this reminder today. Praying with you for this country this week.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...