October 14, 2010

A Walk Around The Block

As I took the dog for a walk yesterday, I knew it was the time of  year that I didn't want to be without my camera.  Beauty surrounds me everywhere I go with the creativity of God's handiwork in the fall colors.


The trees are ablaze with the most amazing color; color that just can't seem to be captured, even by my fancy camera.  They glow and change color depending on the time of day and the sun's changing angle.


Every year at this time I am painfully aware of the beauty that occurs during death.  We marvel and celebrate the color of the fall leaves and changing colors around us, sometimes forgetting that the beauty we see is beauty in dying.  They are experiencing an incredible metamorphosis that leads to death of all the leaves and hibernation for the tree.

"For God so loved the world
that he gave his only son, 
that whoever believes in him will not perish, 
but have eternal life."
BEAUTY IN DEATH

Who could have ever imagined the unbelievable fruit of eternal life given through death?


How could the ugliness of death result in such a glorious, undeserved gift?


And yet His blood shed for me created a blameless and righteous soul.


God the Creator is everywhere, if only we have eyes to see the glorious lessons He has displayed for us right in our own neighborhoods, around the block.


5 comments:

  1. I loved this post! I am a Northerner (from NY state), living in GA, and I have SO missed the maple leaves and the bright vivid colors of the fall foliage. I could imagine I was walking down some of my favorite home-town haunts!!! Thank you so much for posting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherie, this is a truly wonderful post. We always think about how beautiful the fall is..but what a stunning point you make...that it is actually all about death. I love the pictures, and the way you wrote this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you describe what you see. Your words are beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...