April 2, 2011

I DID IT! I Read the Entire Bible in 90 Days!

I DID IT!

I read the entire bible in 90 days!


MomsToolbox

Can you tell that I am really excited?  When I started out on this journey in January, my thoughts were that I would try it, and if I wasn't successful I would just try a different time.  Well God  just kept calling me back to his Word each and every day.  Never was I more than 2 days behind, and that just happened while on Spring Break vacation!  It certainly helps that my kids are in school, and that during the winter I tend to hibernate, so finding the time to read wasn't as hard as some people have.

I must admit, when I first started seeing people on Twitter talking about this program, I thought they were all crazy!  The task sounds impossible!  But then I kept seeing people "graduating" from the program!  They were really doing it.  It was not unattainable.  So after I watched several classes float through Twitter, I decided it was finally time for me to take the plunge.  I have to admit that God pierced my heart more than once when I was considering the task.  He never let me down throughout the whole process.  I was amazed at how much I wanted to read!  It was like getting sucked into a great novel!

The whole Bible story is so much more cohesive now and many of the details in the New Testament make so much more sense!  Getting the rich history of the Old Testament makes reading the New Testament a whole new adventure.

I have told so many people about this program, and interestingly enough, they usually look at me like I am crazy!  I can't argue with them, as I once thought the same thing.  But then I describe the richness that I obtained from reading, and they become more intrigued.  I have to recommend doing it!  The program over at Moms Toolbox helps make the journey so much easier with accountability and encouragement from others.  The next program starts Monday, July 11th.  Can I challenge you to go sign up and do it!!?!  You will be so happy that you did.

I want to give my THANKS to Amy over at Moms Toolbox for all the work she puts into each and every class.  She does this several times a year!  Outstanding job, Amy!

10 comments:

  1. Awesome job!!! Loved the experience of b90days too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stuff! I will look into it for July...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Cherie! I did the B90days with Amy last year and I remember the feeling of accomplishment when we finished! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Congrats!! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!! Wasn't the Bible in 90 Days great?? Nice to "meet" you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had a few people look at me strange as well, c'est la vie.

    Congratulations on a job well done!

    Your fellow Spring '11 grad,
    Shawntele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet you through the blog party -- and thanks for visiting graceful, too. And I'm super impressed that you read the bible in 90 days -- I was just talking to someone yesterday about that program...maybe it's a sign that I should give it a try???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Congratulations!

    How did you do that—66 books in 3 months?
    My 'Student Bible' has a three-year program for reading the Bible word for word. But 3 months, isn't it difficult?

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...