May 26, 2011

Too Much Rain!



Rain, rain, go away, 
come again another day!

A line of storms came through our area last night.  I cringed as I lay in bed, knowing that the strong rain and wind would be wreaking havoc in the garden.  I almost hated to walk out to the back yard, afraid of what I would see.




As expected, I found many plants laying over on the ground, heavy with rain, and wind whipped.  Oh my heart sank.  I wait in eager anticipation each spring for the yellow loosestrife to bloom.  It is one of my favorites.  I sure hope it can revive itself and stand tall again.

More rain forecasted for all day Thursday.  I may need to pitch a tent over my garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...