July 18, 2011

American Beauties Native Plants Bring the Wildlife

I recently attended a wonderful seminar at Casey's Garden Shop about American Beauties Native Plants and butterfly gardening.  What's not to love about that, right?  I'm always open to learning how I can bring more butterflies and wildlife to my garden.

I was thankful to learn that many of the plants already in my garden fall into that category.  Purple coneflower, milkweed, butterfly bush, tickseed, joe pye weed, black-eyed susans, cosmos, lantana, verbena and zinnia are already in my garden.


But I was excited to add a new plant to this area, the Prairie Coneflower.  This is from the American Beauties collection and is native to our area of the country.  That is the cool thing about their plants....they are only selling to your garden center what is native for your area and your wildlife.

Many may have the false assumption that native plants are all weed like and boring.  I thought I'd show you some of the more exotic plants I found in this category that are far from boring!!





The American Beauties website is full of fantastic information about these native species and how you can draw the wildlife to your garden.  Go learn something, head over to Casey's to check out their selection, and wait for the beauty to arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...