September 13, 2011

Life is a Cycle of Change - Time for a New Season

I have been so blessed to be a stay-at-home mom for over 14 years.  I've had the occasional part time job here and there, but they were all during the school day and could easily accommodate our family schedule.  I have loved being available for my girls whenever they needed me at school functions or sick days.  As my two youngest girls have entered sixth and fourth grade, a new season is upon us.


As so many one income families know, sometimes the sacrifices you make for your family can be huge.  We would never have done it any other way, but the cost sometimes begins to stack up!  As I've stayed home the paint has peeled right off the house.  Our second car is falling apart at the seams, literally!  Squirrels have chewed holes in our fireplace walls.  Sometimes bills are paid late.  Remodeling and repairs have been put off for years at a time. (no that's not really my house, but you get the idea!)

So a new season begins....going back to work.  I'm not sure what it will look like, or how many hours just yet, but I have a couple different opportunities.  Honestly, I'm a little nervous.  I am a person of solitude.  I like a lot of time to myself, so this adjustment could be difficult. My schedule has been all mine for quite some time now, so working on someone elses time will be challenging for a bit!

One of the biggest changes of all may be this blog.  I'm fearful of trying to keep my house and children in order on less time and not having time to write and connect with all of you.  I will be so thankful for your grace and continued support as I work through this new season of change.

6 comments:

  1. Friend, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers as you enter this new season! You'll do "awesomeley" at your new job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel! I had to go back to work 2 years ago, all the while homeschooling. Hang in there, you will be amazed at what you can do when you have to do it. Thanks for sharing, stopped by from Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying for you - and seriously, you are so much more than this blog! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck, Cherie! I went back to work when we moved to New York, and although it does force me to be a little wiser with my time, I really do enjoy it! I wish you the best and know that you will do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will be praying for you my friend. However, you will do fine because you have God! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what it's like to be able to stay home with my children. I've had to leave them since they were each 6 weeks old. I will be praying for you during this transition. And blogging? God will make time for that, because I know you are passionate about it. I work full time and have huge ministry commitments. It's a juggling act, but you will find a way!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...