October 3, 2011

UpScale This Thrift Store Challenge - Pumpkins!



I am so excited that it is finally the first Monday of the month for the UpScale This Challenge!  I can't wait to see all of your cool upscaled creations from fabulous pumpkins you found at your local thrift store!!  I gave you a sneak peak last week of one of the small pumpkins I found, but this one is really my favorite.  Are you ready?




Isn't it just gorgeous?  I used a soft cover dictionary.  I must give credit to Craftberry Bush for this tremendous idea.  You can head over there for instructions and more ideas.  I found her through Pinterest, of course!

The only difference in my pumpkin is that I inked the edges with stamping ink instead of using tea bags.

We'd love to have you participate!!  Once again, here are our guidelines:

  1. At least one item of your project must be made with something you bought at a thrift store or garage sale. 
  2. You must provide a before photo of the item you are refurbishing.
  3. Just for fun, you can include the price you paid for your thrift item.
  4. You are encouraged to use supplies that you already have on hand at home.  The fun of the challenge is to do it as cheaply as possible!
  5. If your idea came from Pinterest, please give credit back to the originator.
  6. You may include a tutorial or just the photos, whatever you would like.
  7. The link party will open on Monday mornings and remain open until Saturday evening.  This should hopefully give you enough time to create!

May I please request that you post the UpScale This logo in your post so others can find us?





Just as a reminder, our coming months schedule:


November - Framed Art. Pick up a piece of framed art that you can rehab and create something marvelous!
December -Decoupage. Choose anything that you can decoupage to breath new life into. Want an extra challenge? Make it gift worthy!!

Now let's get this linky party started!


1 comment:

  1. That is so clever!! Love it! I need to get to the thrift store!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...