May 7, 2012

Scrapbooking: I Found My MoJo

Over the weekend was National Scrapbook Day. Why yes, it is ok to stand up and cheer!  It had been a very, very long time since I had done any scrapbooking, and I was really looking forward to it.  The bonus was spending some great time with my girlfriend, Jennifer.  We have been through thick and thin together for the last 16 years.  She is one of the very first people that I met when I moved here and she has been a rock in our friendship.  She is always bugging me encouraging me to get more scrapbooking done!


Our adventure for the weekend began on Friday evening.  The crop started at 6 pm, but I couldn't get there until my dinner party of 25 was out of my house!  Jennifer got a head start without me, and I showed up around 9:30 pm to get started.  We went until midnight until they threw us out of the store.  The party started up again Saturday morning at 9 am.  We spent the entire day, eating two meals as we scrapbooked (serious scrappers don't take time out to eat!).  The closing hour was midnight, but I had to leave early again because Husband was in charge of Prom at his high school.  That meant I was headed home to put the kiddos to bed at 10 pm.

Jennifer and I had the great idea to just continue scrapping at my house after church on Sunday!  The kids all love getting together to hang out, so we grabbed lunch for everyone and dug in once again.  We sent the Husbands to a movie!

It was a great kick start to my scrapbooking again.  I had really missed it.  I completed 20 pages over the weekend, and I am really pleased with that progress!  These are a couple of my favorite layouts for the weekend.





I am so far behind, with years of photos waiting to be put in albums.  Some will be done digitally, because it is just faster (and cheaper).  It was a great weekend!!

Do you scrapbook?  Which method do you use?

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Right back at you, Sweetheart. October seems a long time away. You ARE going aren't you?

      Delete

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...