June 25, 2012

Bible in 90 Days - Checkin' In!



We've made it through 28 days!  I'm thankful that we haven't fallen behind yet, but I see those days coming, so I've just started trying to read ahead.  I have a crazy busy week this week, being at camp 4 days, and know that some days will be hard to get the reading done.

I have always found the last few chapters of II Kings to be so depressing and sad.  All that was prophesied comes true...King Nebuchadnezzar ruins Jerusalem, takes everyone captive, and takes everything of value that King Solomon had spent years accumulating.  This disaster befalls Jerusalem because of sin and disobedience toward God.

It has really made me think this week of the ways that I do not listen, and it makes me every thankful of the grace of Jesus Christ to cover my sin!

Thank you Jesus!!

2 comments:

  1. I did the 90 day read a couple of years ago, and it was really good. Nowadays, I usually read through in 5 or 6 months. I love how that kind of reading gives you the flow of the stories, and how you see how the Bible flows together in revealing God's redemption and grace. So grateful, with you, for God's grace..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... It's been a while since a came across such an accurate and relevant post. Excellent post from a genius.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...