January 13, 2009

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13

Our 8 year old daughter Katie is seeking God. There is nothing more exciting for a parent than to see their child searching for Truth. It all began on Christmas Eve. We decided to do something different this year, and we didn't go to church. We rented the movie "The Nativity Story" and watched that with our two youngest girls. It took quite a while to get through with many stops and pauses to answer questions, but after all, that is why we wanted to watch it with them. It was amazing to watch the bible story come to life. Ever since that evening, Katie has been asking some great questions:
*How did God make Mary pregnant?
*Was Jesus really born just to die later?
*Killing Jesus on a cross is pretty random, why would we believe they did that?
*Doesn't God have more to worry about than answering my prayers?
*Why do I need to pray if God already knows what I need?
*How do I know if God answers my prayer?
As you can see, Katie is a pretty deep thinker. To say I am impressed is an understatement. She is asking questions that most adults don't even understand. So by the grace of God, we keep trying to answer them. And guess what....the next day after Kate asked the question about answered prayer, her church service was about exactly what we had been discussing the night before! God is awesome. He is responding to my little girls curiosity and skepticism in the most awesome ways. She now has a notebook next to her bed to write down questions for us. And she was mad the other night when she didn't get her bible study done before bed! Now that is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...