April 29, 2009

Applaud God

Sometimes life gets in the way of life! It has been a long time since I have had a moment to post here. I'm reading Max Lucado's book "Cure for the Common Life". I love how Max writes very simply. Then I know I can get it. It is a quick read, but for me, is jam packed with very common sense ideas about God that really hit home.

He has a chapter about worship that really struck me. Our culture promotes the idea that we can do everything ourselves, that says "it is all about me". It is easy to get caught up in that thought process. But when we think this way, there is no room for God. So through worship we can take our eyes off of ourselves and place them on God to give him honor and glory.

I found great comfort in this quote from Max's book: "God has never taken his eyes off of you. Not for a millisecond. He's always near. He lives to hear your heartbeat. He loves to hear your prayers. He'd die for your sin before he'd let you die in your sin, so he did. What do you do with such a Savior? Don't you sing to him? Don't you celebrate him in baptism, elevate him in Communion? Don't you bow a knee, lower a head, hammer a nail, feed the poor, and lift up your gift in worship? Worship God. Applaud him loud and often. For your sake, you need it. And for heaven's sake, He deserves it."

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...