October 20, 2009

We Have Different Gifts

"We have different gifts, according to the grace given us....prophesying, serving, teaching, encouraging, contributing, leadership, mercy" Romans 12:6

I am so thankful for those in my life who follow this directive. They don't ignore their gifts, they use them to the fullest. I know people in every category mentioned above and I am so inspired by them.

My two youngest girls just recently joined Awana. This is a club based in churches all across the country that teach scripture, plain and simple. My 8 and 9 year old are memorizing 3-4 scriptures per week. Their leaders are encouraging, welcoming and inspiring. They call my girls each week to encourage them in their studies.

Our church has an outstanding children's ministry. I have several friends who serve diligently in this area. They are all amazing and my kids love it.

I am so thankful. You know that saying, "It takes a village to raise a child". I believe that!! I have so many wonderful people in our lives that affect my children and my husband and I because they are using the gifts God gave them to bless others.

So which gift have you been blessed with? I know mine, and I need to do more. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...