March 4, 2010

Hearing God Speak

Not long ago I was in a desperate state.  I was in a period of serious self-doubt about everything in my life, especially my identity in Christ and my job as a mom.  As we talked about yesterday, Satan was really hammering away at me, and he was winning by a landslide.

I stumbled across this book several years ago at a Mom's conference, Hearts at Home, and have poured through it ever since.  His Princess, Love Letters from Your King by Sheri Rose Shepherd was medicine to my aching soul.  She writes beautifully in the person of God in the form of love letters addressed personally to you.  The letters are based on scripture of course, but the way they are written as if spoken directly to me from God is sincerely heartwarming and therapeutic.  Here is just a sample from the letter entitled:

My Princes Be My Light to the World Today
I stepped into your darkness so you would shine for Me.  Did you know that I have empowered you to light up the lives of everyone around you?  You are My light to the world.  So walk with Me, and let me illumine your life today with My love and My power.  Look to Me, and I will make you the bright spot in someone's darkness today.  Don't hide your light beneath your uncertainties and insecurities.  Spent more time with Me and I will make you glow with the godliness that's irresistible.  If you will let Me, I'll make you shine in such a way that you will be My star that points to heaven and brings hope to the hurting.
Love, Your King and True Light of the world

Oh I just love that!  It is so uplifting and encouraging and hopeful.  It is based on Matthew 5:14-15, which you probably recognize as the basis for the children's song "..hide it under a bushel, no, I'm gonna let it shine!"

I wanted to share this book with you because I absolutely love it.  I have given a copy to my three girls as well.  I think it really helps them to gain a greater understanding of their place in God's heart.  Every young woman needs to know they are God's Princess, whom He adores and treasures.



From time to time I'll be reviewing a book I love that has helped me in my walk with Christ.  I hope you enjoy the books and the reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...