July 7, 2010

The Mother Load of Bargains!!


I often watch the paper for garage sales that advertise rubber stamps.  I am often disappointed because when I get there, I might be lucky if 3-5 stamps are out for sale.  But not this last weekend!!
 I stopped at this garage sale, quite by accident because I just happened to be driving by.  A lovely woman has been selling her stamped creations for years and had decided to get out of the stamping business.  She was selling single stamps for $1 and sets for $3.  Many of the sets were Stampin' Up and weren't even cut apart yet!  I spent $22 for this stack of stamps.  I figured out the retail price to be near $168 and most of them were never used!  I am in Stampers Heaven!


Now to just find some time for creating........

4 comments:

  1. You hit the jackpot!!! What are you going to make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that's awesome! I have some stamps I rarely use. They are Christmas ones - I should make cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My step mom is so good at cardmaking that i stopped trying as i felt inadequate. I love the excitment you get from it, maybe I will try again as i have restarted my scrapbooking. Can just avoid showing my stepmom lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good find! There used to be a rubber stamp store in Clearwater, FL that a couple times a year would have a "swap meet" sorta, and I sold a lot of my stamps there. (you could get cash value or store credit.. I always seemed to opt for store credit! LOL)
    Then at one point I sold all my collections because I was getting more into computer graphics...wish I had kept 'em now. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...