August 2, 2010

My Mission

MISSION:  a strong commitment and sense of duty to do or achieve something
I'll be honest.  I have newer been big into setting goals or creating mission statements.  If I were being brutally truthful, it would probably be because I didn't want to be held accountable.  I also have a bad habit of not always finishing what I start.  So I have typically avoided these very Type A Personality endeavors in exchange for my laid back style of going with the flow. 

I have a favorite section of verses in the first chapter of Colossions (10-14) that I reread every now and then because they have always been very encouraging to me.  I sat down this weekend with my Bible and turned to that section of scripture, and God revealed something new.  Paul had already written my mission statement:
  • Live a life worthy of the Lord that pleases him in every way.
  • Bear fruit in every good work.
  • Grow in the knowledge of God.
  • Be strengthened with God's power according to his glorious might so that I might have great endurance and patience.
  • Joyfully give thanks to the Father who has qualified me to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.
  • Praise God for my redemption and forgiveness of sin
 I love how God's holy scripture is always alive, waiting each and every time I read it to learn something different, even in a passage of scripture I have read hundreds of times.
 
Would you share with us a time this has happened to you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...