October 4, 2010

Decluttering, Beautifying, Creating Challenge


So I was scanning Twitter the other day and a tweet caught my eye about a 10 week challenge of decluttering.  For those who know me personally and have been to my house, no comments please!

You see, my husband is a bit of a horder.  I mean not to the extent that he needs to be on a TV show, but he does like to collect things.  Some are good.  Some are bad..like the entire set of McDonalds happy meal toys, even though no one in the family really cares....you know, stuff like that.  He also refuses to throw most anything away, regardless of whether it works or not, because he might use it for parts some day, like in 2037.  I love the man dearly, but it is a good thing we have a big house and he has lots of hiding places for these useless items!

So anyway, I digress.  So I headed over to The Sunflower Schoolhouse to see what this challenge was all about.  The first challenge to start was organizing the front hall closet.  Whamo!  Low and behold my closet needed some desperate help!  The bad thing about our front closet is that it really isn't a closet, it is a recession.  It is where a closet should be, but they didn't make it to need doors, which means everyone can see into it!  Thankful it is sideways from our front door and isn't typically an eye sore.

So before I started it looked like this:


Isn't that just a lovely pile?  I do like the drawer organizer for mittens, hats, scarves and snow pants, but it was overflowing!  So now it looks like this:

SO much better!  I filled TWO bags of boots and coats to go to the mission!  I am ready for the next challenge!  Want to join us?  Head on over and see what Honey has planned for us!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am so proud of you. Thank you so much for joining us. This week is the... oh wait, you need to come over and read. It is Tuesday and I have not started yet... I need to get a move on.

    Blessings
    Honey

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...