May 16, 2011

Casey's Patio Pot Planting Party

Last week I had the pleasure of heading over to Casey's for a party to plant patio pots.  It was fun to get the professional's opinion on how they plant pots.  Then they helped everyone choose plants for the appropriate size planter and sun verses shade plants.  This video was the teaching portion of the evening.





Then the real fun began as we wondered the thousands of annuals in hunt of the perfect combination.


When you are planting containers, it is always important to add some fertilizer.  Osmocote is a time released version that will last all summer when your plants need it the most!


We headed out to make our selections.  For this flower loving gal, this was painstakingly difficult!  I just want them all!




But this is what I decided on.  Something a little different that what I usually do.  The class is fun because you can also bring your own container, so I brought this old tin paint bucket that I've had forever.  I had previously drilled three small holes in the bottom for drainage.

My plant choices were a Mint Mocha Coleus in the center, with Supertunia 'Pretty Much Picasso' around the outside, mixed in with mini 'double lemon' Calibrachoa, and a couple purple alyssum for filler.


Just one week later, this is what it looks like out on my front steps.  Growing very nicely!


If you don't have you pots planted yet, head on over to Casey's on May 18th for the second installment of the Patio Pot Planting Party from 4-8 pm!  Remember you can bring your own pot or purchase one there, and you get 20% off all the plants you place into your container.  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...