May 13, 2011

Keep your Pets Safe in the Garden

Not a very pretty photo for a garden blog is it?  But it is a sad reminder to me and my family of how a simple bucket of stagnant, old water can be deadly.

Last spring our lovely Australian Shepherd Sydney got very sick very fast.  She was diagnosed with a respiratory infection.  Within four short days we had lost her.  We were all in shock.  I searched my mind for what she could have gotten into, and finally I remembered that I had shooed her out of drinking from water out of the wagon in the back yard.  The vet confirmed that the water probably contained very powerful bacteria that Sydney's body just couldn't fight when it was ingested.

Please be careful of what your pets are exposed to in your yard and garden.  What seems harmless could be deadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...