June 20, 2011

Butterflies - Where Art Thou?

Every year at about this time, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the butterflies.  They bless my soul, honestly.  They are just so beautiful and graceful.  I consider each time they visit my garden a complete blessing.

But you know, they don't just show up in your garden by accident.  You have to lay out an invitation for them to come, eat and stay awhile!  This requires all the right elements:  food, water, shelter, sun.  There are hundreds of articles out there on how to attract butterflies to your garden.  Just do a little research and you'll be amazed when these little jewels find their way to your home.

I headed over to Casey's earlier this summer to select some plants and then planted a special corner of my garden just for the butterflies. 

 Zinnias
 Butterfly Weed
 Swamp Milkweed
 Purple Coneflower
 Yarrow
 Lantana
 
Cosmos

Want to know more about luring butterflies to your garden?  At 6:30 pm tonight at Casey's you can get in on a great seminar, "Inviting and Sustaining Generations of Butterflies Using American Beauties Native Plants".  Raising native plants to your area is the best way for butterflies to call your garden home!  I'll be there....just look for the lady with the camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...