June 24, 2011

The Great MooPoo Tea Experiment of 2011

I was recently introduced to Annie over at Manure Tea Gardening & Authentic Haven Brand.  She has developed an amazing product called manure tea.  Yes you read that right!  My garden friends in the twitterverse have been raving about the results they were getting with Annie's manure tea fertilizer.

Enter the day I decided I needed to move two of my roses from the side of the garage.  They were planted in poor soil and were not doing well.  Plus I failed to realize {duh} that I would want to enjoy them in a more conspicuous place!  So my reasoning was that they weren't doing well anyway, so I might as well move them.

And this is what they look like now:
Look closely....they really are there!  They have been reduced to sticks and brown leaves!  Now I've heard Annie's tea can work miracles, so we're going to try it. 

I was so excited when I received my tea bags in the mail!  They are packaged just like a real tea bag!  But inside is actually cow manure!  You'd never know it, because it doesn't smell at all!
 The directions say to add one team bag to 1-5 gallons of water and let it steep for 1-3 days.  Since my roses are looking SO bad, I am most definitely going to let it steep for a few days to get the maximum amount of fertilizer out of that tea bag!
So my tea is steeping and I put my bucket in an out of the way place in the yard so no kids or pets can get into it!   I'll let it works it's magic over the next few days.

Then I'll be ready to feed my roses!  Hopefully they can hang on for a few more days before they get their miracle treatment!!

Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...