July 13, 2011

The Glory of the Lord

Do you ever wake up with a song in your head and you have no idea where it came from?  Maybe I'm weird, but that happens to me ALL.THE.TIME.  And it isn't even a song I've heard recently or sung at church.

Anyway, today this is what I woke up to in my head.  I'd sing it for you, but....you know.

"My eyes have seen the glory of the Lord"

As the words kept swimming through my head I had to stop and examine them.  I looked up the phrase in the bible (a handly online version) just out of curiosity.  I'd forgotten that this was the term used throughout the Old Testament when they were talking about the physical cloud of fire that represented God's presence as they traveled and within the temple.

At the close of the Old Testament did that mean that the glory of the Lord was done?  Vanished?  Look what the angels are singing in Isaiah:

"And they were calling to one another: 
"Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty;  
the whole earth is full of his glory." Isaiah 6:3

The Glory of the Lord is all around us.  We tend to forget as we go about our lives that we are surrounded by it, that it permeates our lives.

"The most significant use of the ideas of glory and majesty is their application to God. In this regard, it is sometimes stated that God's glory is the external manifestation of his being. God's glory is something that appears ( Exod 16:10 ), is revealed ( Isa 40:5 ), or can be seen ( Num 14:22 )." (crosswalk.com)



Look around you today.  Watch with waiting eyes to see the Glory of the Lord.  It is all around and within you.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful detailed photos of the butterfly; amazing! You are not alone as many mornings I too wake up with a song in my head. Sometimes it's a good one but other times it's a theme song. Lately, I've been watching reruns of Cagney and Lacey and I cannot get that song out of my head; lol.

    The glory of the Lord can be seen in His creation. Despite this world being marred by sin, there is such beauty. I cannot wait to see Him one day though in all His glory.

    blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Cherie,
    I too often have songs going in my mind - it is a glorious thing! While watering my friend's garden a few days ago I was struck by the beauty and the majesty of God's glory surrounding me! It filled my heart! What a joy it is to know the LORD and to share this with others - I am so glad you stopped by!
    I hope you have a Delightsome day,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...