September 15, 2011

Are You Living a Counterfeit Version of You?

I'm currently reading "The Me I Want To Be" by John Ortberg with my small group.  I've read the first several chapters many times already because it is ringing so true for me.

I thought I would share with you something that I feel we as women all struggle with, just to give you "Something To Think About" today!!

Sometimes we project "counterfeit" versions of ourselves in an effort to fit in.  But God created you to be YOU and no one else.  Maybe you can resonate with some of these false versions:

  • the me I pretend to be
  • the me I think I should be
  • the me other people want me to be
  • the me I'm afraid God wants
  • the me that fails to be
Not only do we think that we fail to live up to everyone's expectations, but I think we also feel that God expects more or something differently from us.  In that line of thinking we fail to realize that God delights in us just as we are, in the person He created us to be.

"The LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love."
Psalm 147:11

It doesn't say He delights only in those who rise early and spend 3 hours in prayer and study.  It doesn't say He delights only in those who practice every spiritual discipline. It doesn't say He delights only in those who live a perfect life.

No...He delights in those who put their HOPE in Him.

How about spending a little time today basking in the glory of the acceptance of your Heavenly Father?

Just something to think about................




3 comments:

  1. I find the older I get the less counterfeit I am and the more I drop the mask. One advantage of age, I guess. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to struggle a lot with this and thought I was done until I began a blog and named it Medieval Christian Reflections because I enjoy the Middle Ages and love to write on what I am reflecting on.

    Then I thought, "That's too weird! I need to give it a simpler name so I can "fit in" and more people will want to read it.....but I've decided it just needs to stay because that really reflects who I am. Anything else would be contrived, even if it's a bit....um..different:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Transparency... That's where it is! Transparent with Him, others and ourselves. It's freeing, endearing and gives Him glory.
    Thank you for this post.
    Have a wonderful weekend...

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...