May 14, 2012

A Beautiful Mother's Day

Despite spending a ton of time in the car over the weekend, my family spoiled me rotten for Mother's Day!  We started the day having breakfast with Husband's mom and sister.  They live about 2 hours north of us.  Then we headed south to go see my Mom.  It just so happened that one of my favorite Nurseries was sort of on the way!!  So we drove 2 hours to Hornbaker Nurseries.  The place is amazing and beautiful!  The iris field was in full bloom, where over 100 varieties were available for viewing and ordering.  You simply walk through the field, find your favorites, order them, and when they are done blooming, they ship the rhizomes to you! 


Hornbakers is probably most famous for their selection of hostas.  People drive from miles around to see the selection! What is super cool....all those varieties are planted in their own gardens for you to walk through and enjoy!  Heaven!


So of course, this avid gardener could not walk out empty handed!  We picked out several iris varieties, and I knew exactly what color hostas my garden needs!!


Husband was so very generous with me!!  We had a great day enjoying the sites, and the weather was gorgeous!


We then headed farther south to my mom's house for a quick visit, helped her knock down a fence and took of tour of her garden, then got back in the car and headed another hour south home just in time to catch the final episode of Survivor!  Whew, what a tour of the state of Illinois!!

Thanks family, I feel very loved!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you that you stopped by today! What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...